GALA COVID Update #3 (July 17, 2020)
Dear GALA Families,
Thank you for your patience as we continue to work out plans for the upcoming 2020-21 school year. Please be advised that GALA will rely on the Ohio’s Public Health Advisory System (OPHAS) color-coded system in making school‐wide decisions. GALA will provide learning options for students depending on the color status for Cuyahoga county. These include:
OPHAS Level 1 (Yellow) – Active Exposure and spread. – GALA will provide All in Person instruction for all students while maintaining public health sanitation measures as outlined in Ohio’s School Reopening Guidance.
OPHAS Level 2 (Orange) – Increased exposure and spread. Exercise high degree of caution. – GALA will provide two learning options, Hybrid and All Remote, while adhering to public health sanitation and social distancing measures as outlined in Ohio’s School Reopening Guidance.
OPHAS Level 3 (Red) – Very high exposure and spread. Limit activities as much as possible. – GALA will provide two learning options, Hybrid and All Remote, while adhering to public health sanitation and social distancing measures as outlined in Ohio’s School Reopening Guidance.
OPHAS Level 4 (Purple) – Severe exposure and spread. Only leave home for supplies and services. – GALA will provide an All Remote learning option for all students, with no in‐person instruction provided during this period of time.
For your convenience, all COVID-19 related communications will be posted here: https://galacleveland.org/covid-communications/; the information provided on this site will continue to be updated as we receive/confirm more information. A list of answers to Frequently Asked Questions has been posted. We ask that all families take time to read through the FAQ.
- COVID-19 Return to School Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- COVID-19 Safety, Sanitization, and Closure Procedures
- COVID-19 Update #2 (July 10, 2020)
- COVID-19 Update #1 (June 30, 2020)
We acknowledge that with this additional information, some parents may wish to change the learning option they selected for their child in GALA’s Student Registration form, as well as need more time to make a decision. With that said, if you would like to make a change, please just resubmit the form. *If you are not changing your student registration option, please DO NOT submit the form again. Additionally, the deadline to submit the student registration form is extended to Monday, July 27th.
We understand that this is a big decision that is causing stress and pressure to families. We are asking for all student registration forms to be submitted by Monday, July 27th to allow GALA sufficient time to organize class lists, schedules, and make staffing arrangements. A list of answers to Frequently Asked Questions has been posted. We ask that all families take time to read through the FAQ.
Click the student registration form (https://forms.gle/UsiHvTyFLxM4GbD49) to select the learning plan you want for your child. A separate form for each student must be submitted. Student registration is required and the deadline to register is Monday, July 27th. For consistency in scheduling, students will be required to remain in the learning option they are registered for through the end of December 2020. There may be an opportunity to change your registration in December for the second half of the school year, which begins in January 2020.
- All Remote – Students will be required to participate in online instruction 4 days a week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Assignments will be provided and students are expected to complete assignments. There will be no live instruction on Fridays for cleaning and professional development.
- Hybrid – Students will be required to participate in a combination of online and in-person instruction. In-person instruction will be 2 days a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Online instruction will be 2 days a week on Mondays and Wednesdays. Assignments will be provided and students are expected to complete assignments. There will be no live instruction on Fridays for cleaning and professional development.
GALA Return to School Committee