2020-2021 School Year: GALA Return to School Communications Related to COVID-19
Dear GALA Families,
Thank you for your patience as we continue to work out plans for the upcoming 2020-21 school year. For your convenience, all COVID-19 related communications will be posted on this webpage. The information provided through this site will continue to be updated as we receive/confirm more information. The first day of school will be September 1, 2020.
- 2020-2021 GALA Student Registration Form
- COVID-19 Return to School Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- COVID-19 Safety, Sanitization, and Closure Procedures
- COVID-19 Update #4 (July 31, 2020)
- COVID-19 Update #3 (July 17, 2020)
- COVID-19 Update #2 (July 10, 2020)
- COVID-19 Update #1 (June 30, 2020)
Learning Options / Student Registration
In response to COVID-19, GALA is providing two learning options for our students: (1) All Remote will be delivered completely online, and (2) Hybrid will be delivered partially online and partially in the school building. At this time, GALA will not be providing an “All in Person” option.
All Remote – Students will be required to participate in online instruction 4 days a week: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Assignments will be provided and students are expected to complete assignments. There will be no live instruction on Fridays for cleaning and professional development.
Hybrid – Students will be required to participate in a combination of online and in-person instruction. In-person instruction will be 2 days a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Online instruction will be 2 days a week on Mondays and Wednesdays. Assignments will be provided and students are expected to complete assignments. There will be no live instruction on Fridays for cleaning and professional development.
Parents can submit a student registration form to select either the (1) All Remote or (2) Hybrid learning option for their student(s). A separate form for each student must be submitted. Student registration is required and the deadline to register is Monday, July 27th. Click the student registration form (https://forms.gle/
GALA will rely on the Ohio’s Public Health Advisory System (OPHAS) color-coded system in making school‐wide decisions. GALA will provide learning options for students depending on the color status for Cuyahoga county. These include:
- OPHAS Level 1 (Yellow) – Active Exposure and spread. – GALA will provide All in Person instruction for all students while maintaining public health sanitation measures as outlined in Ohio’s School Reopening Guidance.
- OPHAS Level 2 (Orange) – Increased exposure and spread. Exercise high degree of caution. – GALA will provide two learning options, Hybrid and All Remote, while adhering to public health sanitation and social distancing measures as outlined in Ohio’s School Reopening Guidance.
- OPHAS Level 3 (Red) – Very high exposure and spread. Limit activities as much as possible. – GALA will provide two learning options, Hybrid and All Remote, while adhering to public health sanitation and social distancing measures as outlined in Ohio’s School Reopening Guidance.
- OPHAS Level 4 (Purple) – Severe exposure and spread. Only leave home for supplies and services. – GALA will provide an All Remote learning option for all students, with no in‐person instruction provided during this period of time.