- All students log on to Google Classroom daily at 8:30 a.m. to complete the “Question of the Day”.
- Students spend mornings with the Mandarin/Spanish homeroom teacher learning Math, Mandarin/Spanish Language Arts, Science or Social Studies (subjects vary day to day).
- Students have a one hour lunch every day.
- Students spend the afternoons with their English Language Arts (ELA) class.
- Daily total 45-60 minutes of live (synchronous) instruction in the Target Language (Mandarin or Spanish).
- Daily total 30-40 minutes of live instruction in English.
- Each week, 3-6 pre-recorded videos made by GALA teachers will be assigned to students to watch and complete an assignment afterwards.
- Math and Science videos will be posted daily in English (to support instruction received in the Target language).
- Intervention Groups and Small groups are built within the learning day for targeted instruction for support and enrichment.
- You must use Google Chrome internet browser (not Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.)
- Go to: https://classroom.google.
- Add a user/account with the following information:
Having a tech issue? Call the hotline, available between 8:15 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call Mobiletek (877) 533-9989 ext. 1 . Or submit a ticket for help by clicking the following link: https://www.mobiletekservice.com/galaserviceticket.html
- Welcome to GALA’s Virtual Open House (September 25, 2020)
- 2020 GALA All Remote Start School Supply Lists (K-5)
- 08.18.2020 GALA 2020 2021 Calendar
- Kindergarten Virtual Orientation Presentation
- Grades 1-5 Virtual Orientation Presentation
- GALA Internet Acceptable Use Presentation
- Video explaining GALA Internet Acceptable Use Presentation
- GALA Student and Family Handbook 2020-2021 8.13.2020
- Art Family Welcome Letter 2020
- PE Beginning of the Year Parent Letter