Curriculum & Assessments
2021 -2022 School Year School Supplies List
Click the link to view GALA School Supply Lists 2021 – 2022 School Year (K6)
2021 Summer Extended Learning Plan
Click the link to view GALA’s 2021 Summer Extended Learning Plan.
State tests currently include the Ohio State Tests (OST), Ohio English Language Proficiency Assessment (OELPA), Kindergarten Readiness Assessment (KRA) as well as others. These tests are required by the state of Ohio and each test has a specific purpose. The time a student will take on each assessment will range.
Our goals are to:
- Develop K –5 assessment strategies
- Assist in development of formative assessments
- Manage State and District testing initiatives
- Provide accurate and timely information regarding testing purposes, procedures, and results
- Provide guidance on the appropriate use of assessment results for accountability
- Work with the teachers and instructional staff to select appropriate assessments
What are the OST AIR Assessments?
The State of Ohio requires all students in grades 3 through 8 to take standardized tests each year in language arts and mathematics. Students in grade 5 and 8 also take state tests in science. At the high school level, students are required to take standardized state assessments in 9th and 10th grade language arts, algebra, geometry, biology, U.S. history and U.S. government. Students and teachers refer to these as the AIR assessments. AIR stands for the American Institutes of Research, the agency that develops and delivers the assessments.
When do students take the AIR assessments?
Here is the schedule of assessments for the 2019-2020 school year. The assessments are delivered during specific windows established by the Ohio Department of Education.
How are the AIR assessments delivered?
All state assessments are delivered to students online using secure technology tools and resources.
How long do the assessments last?
There are two sessions for each assessment. Students typically complete one session each day. Session length varies and no session exceeds 105 minutes in length.
When will assessment results be shared with parents?
Results of the fall assessments will be shared with families in February and March. Results of the spring assessments will be sent to families via U.S. Mail in August.
State Test Report Card:
Information Regarding the State Report Cards for 2019-2020.
- Kindergarten Readiness Assessment (KRA) – Sep 1 – Oct 30, 2020
- NWEA – Sep 14 – Oct 30, 2020
- Physical Education Evaluation (ODE) – Sep 8 – May 21, 2021
- NWEA – Feb 1 – 25, 2021
- Ohio English Language Proficiency Assessment (Screener) Sep 8 – Jun 30, 2021
- Ohio English Language Proficiency Assessment (OELPA for EL students) – Feb 1 – Mar 26, 2021
- Ohio State Test – English Language Arts – Apr 6 – 23, 2021
- Ohio State Test – Math and Science – Apr 19 – May 7, 2021
See grade level assessment calendar