COVID 19 Update #7 (December 11, 2020)
GALA Reopening Plan, 2020-2021
GALA will begin in-person learning on January 25, 2021, as long as Cuyahoga County is at risk Level 1-3 (yellow, orange, and red) for 4 consecutive weeks. This means if Cuyahoga County is at risk level 4 (purple) after December 14, GALA’s in-person start date will be delayed.
*The first day of school, upon return from winter break, is January 6. All instruction school-wide will be delivered All-Remote until In-Person learning begins on January 25, 2021.
Below is a summary of GALA’s In-Person and All-Remote Learning models. Read the full plan, which includes schedules, safety procedures, frequently asked questions, and more by clicking here.
In-Person Learning Model:
- GALA in-person instruction will be 4 days a week, Monday through Thursday, from 9:00 am -2:00 pm, and 1 day a week (Fridays) All-Remote
- A schedule of staggered arrival and departure times will be in place to ensure safe arrival and dismissal of our school community.
- For in-person learning all students will learn online and have the support of the classroom teacher to assist them with their work in the classroom. Students must bring their Chromebook, chargers, and headphones with a mic with them to school daily.
All-Remote Learning Model:
- The remote learning program will consist of both synchronous and asynchronous instruction throughout the day. Overall, the same remote learning model that has been in place for the first half of the 2020-21 school year (Monday through Thursday live class sessions, asynchronous assignments, and flexible Fridays). See description of All Remote Learning at: https://galacleveland.org/remote-learning/
- Students will engage in zoom sessions by participating in the curriculum daily when teachers are providing in-person learners with instruction.
- Students will also have independent work to complete and be engaged in one-on-one or small group meetings with teachers, at assigned times for further assistance.
We are aware that some families may choose to have their child attend school remotely, GALA will continue to offer remote-learning option as well.
- Families who registered their student(s) for In-Person learning, can later elect to have their child attend All-Remote learning. Families can switch to All-Remote at any time; however, once the child is in All-Remote, the student will need to remain All-Remote for the remainder of the school year.
- Families who registered their student(s) for All-Remote learning will not have the opportunity to switch to In-Person for the remainder of the school year.